Creamy dips (that actually taste good!) are hard to find when you’re avoiding dairy. But this Paleo Bacon Onion Dip dreamed up by Serenity herself hits all the marks of a fun and festive holiday app!
Serenity’s Dairy-Free Bacon Onion Dip
- 1 package of bacon (look for brands with no added sugar)
- 1 large onion
- 1 cup of mushrooms, diced (optional)
- ½ teaspoon of granulated garlic (or 1 clove of fresh garlic)
- ½ teaspoon gelatin
- 2 tablespoons hot coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 batch cashew cream (see below)
- ½ cup avocado oil mayo
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce or coconut aminos
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup raw cashews
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
Soak cashews in water for at least 4 hours (can be overnight). Drain and add to a high-speed blender with the remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth and creamy!
- Cook the bacon and drain all but 1 tbsp of the fat
- Cook 1 large onion in the remaining fat
- Add mushrooms, if desired
- When done, add 1/2 tsp granulated garlic (or fresh garlic) & cook 1 minute longer, then set aside to let cool
- Dissolve gelatin into hot coconut milk (whisk briskly to avoid clumping)
- Add the bacon/onion mixture to a food processor with the remaining ingredients (gelatin, parsley, cashew cream, mayo, Worcestershire)
- Pulse until smooth, or to your desired texture.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with baby carrots and/or almond crackers
Best SellersThey're not just parent favorites—they're little ones favorites too.
Looking for more grain-free, low-sugar recipes to add to your holiday menu?
- Make Serenity's Grain-Free Pumpkin Pie
- Low-Sugar Keto Cranberry Sauce
- Try this Keto Holiday Stuffing
- Paleo Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Toddler-Friendly "PSL"
P.S. Want to win FREE BABY FOOD FOR A YEAR*?!