If you’re watching carbs super closely, this keto holiday stuffing recipe is a pretty sweet stand-in for the real deal. And if you’re all about the carbs, this dish will absolutely still satisfy and is SO good. Full of good fat and fiber-filled veggies, this stuffing by Leanne Vogel of the Healthful Pursuit is a fun addition to the festive table (or a random Tuesday!)
Keto Holiday Stuffing Recipe
- ½ cup (105 grams) lard
- 7 oz. (200 grams) white mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1 cup (140 grams) diced white onion
- 4 garlic cloves, diced
- 3 cups (460 grams) chopped turnips
- 1 ¾ cup (235 grams) chopped carrots
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried ground sage
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon finely ground grey sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place the lard in a large frying pan and set to medium-low heat. Once melted, add the mushrooms, onions, and diced garlic clove.
- Sauté for 5 minutes, or until onions have become translucent.
- Add the remaining ingredients, rotating until everything is coated in the herbs and fat.
- Sauté on medium for 15 to 20 minutes, or until turnips are fork-tender.
- Serve immediately by transferring to a serving dish and placing it on the table.
- If you’re making this dish ahead of time, place in a casserole dish and store in the fridge for up to 2 days. Warm in a 350°F (177°C) oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until desired temperature is reached.
Looking for more holiday-inspired content?
- Make Serenity's Grain-Free Pumpkin Pie
- Join our 5-Day Gratitude Challenge
- Win FREE BABY FOOD FOR A YEAR*
- Joe's Paleo Pumpkin Pie
- Toddler-Friendly "PSL"