Veggies often don’t get a lot of attention or love on the Thanksgiving table but these Brussels sprouts will once you try them! Roast them until crispy-tender and then toss with pecans and pomegranate for a tasty and colorful addition to the table. (Tip: a great way to prep in advance is to wash and cut your Brussels sprouts a day or two in advance.)
This recipe comes to us from Hillary Bennetts, a nutritionist and content creator who has been working with the Serenity Kids team from the beginning.
Brussels Sprouts with Pomegranate and Pecans
- 6 cups Brussels sprouts
- 1 cup Pomegranate seeds (1 pomegranate) or fresh cranberries
- ½ cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2-3 tablespoons avocado oil (the sprouts should be well coated, start with 2 tablespoons and add another as needed)
- 3 cloves of garlic (or 1 tsp. garlic powder)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper (more to taste)
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt (more to taste)
- If using fresh garlic (recommended!), mince it into a bowl and drizzle with the avocado oil.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Cut Brussels sprouts into halves or quarters in a bowl. Add any leaves that fall off.
- 2. Mince garlic into a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- Put on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper (for easy clean up).
- Bake for 15 – 25 min., tossing once or twice while baking.
- Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and pecans just before serving (the pecans will lose their crunch if they sit too long on the warm sprouts).
- Add more salt and pepper to taste, enjoy!
Looking for more recipes that would be perfect for any holiday menu? We got you!
- Make Serenity's Grain-Free Pumpkin Pie
- Try this yummy dairy-free appetizer
- Gobble up this Garlic Cauliflower and Potato Mash
- Serve this Keto, Low-Sugar Cranberry Sauce
P.S. Join our first-ever Chopped Challenge to WIN FREE BABY FOOR FOR AN ENTIRE YEAR*!!!