Add some nutrition and subtract some carbs from your spuds by combining cauliflower and potatoes for a classic side that’s just as creamy as the real deal. This is one of our favorites to include on our Thanksgiving table or with weeknight meals the whole fam loves.
Garlic Cauliflower Potato Mash
- One head of cauliflower, chopped and washed
- Three russet potatoes, peeled
- Half a bulb of garlic (yes, several cloves!)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (for roasting garlic)
- Half a stick (4 tablespoons) grass-fed butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the top of the garlic bulb off and coat with oil.
- Place oily garlic bulb, skin and all, in the oven at 425° for 15 minutes or until cloves are soft & golden brown.
- Put on a pot of water to boil.
- While the garlic roasts and water heats up, remove the leaves and core from the cauliflower and roughly chop into florets.
- Peel and cube the potatoes into pieces roughly the same size as the cauliflower.
- Boil the cauliflower & potatoes until soft.
- Drain off the water and add the potatoes and cauliflower to a high powered blender or food processor (keep the lid slightly ajar to allow steam to escape).
- Peel & add the roasted garlic, salt, pepper, and butter.
- Blend until it is a smooth purée, adding water or nut milk at the end if needed.
Looking for more holiday-inspired content?
- Make Serenity's Grain-Free Pumpkin Pie
- Join our 5-Day Gratitude Challenge
- Win FREE BABY FOOD FOR A YEAR*
- Paleo Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Toddler-Friendly "PSL"