National Dog Day is coming up in August, so we're celebrating all the dog moms and dads and their fur babies early with this homemade dog treat recipe!
“I feed Serenity Kids pouches to my 14.5 year old dog who has kidney troubles. I went to the store looking for organic baby food and discovered Serenity Kids…the portions are perfect and she loves all the flavors with meat…the pouches have the perfect ingredients and really help me with her daily nutrition.” -Dawn K.
- 1 Serenity Kids Organic Sweet Potato and Spinach pouched puree
- 1/4 cup almond butter or peanut butter (unsalted and unsweetened)
- 2 large eggs (we love our regenerative farmers over at Alexandre Family Farm!)
- 4 cups oat flour (plus 1/2 cup more if necessary and for dusting)
- 1 cup grated carrots (peeled first)
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes (unsweetened natural)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl beat the Serenity Kids Organic Sweet Potato and Spinach puree, almond butter, and eggs together until blended.
- Add in the oat flour, carrots, and coconut flakes until just incorporated. (If you pinch a piece and it crumbles, add a little water. If it’s really sticky, you’ll need to add a little more oat flour, 1/4 cup at a time and not exceeding 1/2 cup. You want the dough slightly tacky, but not overly.)
- Transfer the dough to a surface lightly sprinkled with oat flour and knead 3-4 times until it comes together.
- Using a rolling pin sprinkled with oat flour, roll out the dough to a 1/2-inch thickness.
- Using cookie cutters, cut out the desired shapes and transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Place in the oven and bake until the treats are dry and edges are golden, about 18-20 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
“Our son & the dogs love Serenity Kids!” -Michelle C.