We love hosting friends and family at our place for various occasions. This year may be a little different, but that's not going to stop us from enjoying the Big Game with some of our favorite healthy snacking foods! Here's what we're whipping up:
Joe’s Paleo 8-Layer Dip
- Cook 1 pound grass fed ground beef (or deer) with salt, chili powder, garlic powder, and lime juice. Purée in blender until smooth.
- Spread meat purée as first layer over flat dish.
- Spread one 16 ounce container guacamole on top of meat
- Finely chop one sweet onion and sprinkle on top of guacamole
- Spread one 16 oz container sour cream (or plain unsweetened coconut yogurt) on top of onions
- Strain water out of 3/4 jar of salsa and then spread on top of sour cream
- Finely chop 3 hearts romaine lettuce and sprinkle on top of salsa
- Finely chop 2-3 tomatoes and sprinkle on top of lettuce
- Finely chop one bunch of cilantro and sprinkle on top of tomatoes
- Place pickled jalapeños on top of cilantro
- Optional: add Mexican cheese in between salsa and lettuce and chopped black olives after the tomatoes
Paleo Running Momma's Buffalo Chicken Wings
Paleo Running Momma nailed it with this crispy baked buffalo chicken wings recipe! We love getting our chicken wings from Belcampo. Biggest key to perfecting these crispy wings is making sure that the chicken is patted dry beforehand. Find the full recipe here!
What Great Grandma Ate's Buffalo Chicken Dip
This Paleo & Keto buffalo chicken dip is absolutely delicious and has no cheese! It's absolutely a crowd-pleaser on game day and it's so easy to make! Check out the full recipe here.
Rachel Mansfield's Paleo Girl Scout Samoa Cookies
We absolutely love this recipe because it is made with just six healthy ingredients and only takes 10 minutes to make! It easily satisfies a sweet tooth and better yet - it's gluten-free and nut-free! Find the full recipe here.
Nom Nom Paleo's Pomegranate Orange Mocktail
I absolutely love making this tangy mocktail for any occasion! It's so fun to sip on and so simple to throw together. Here's the full recipe!
As soon as Della started first foods she immediately wanted to feed herself. Besides our pouches and the usual fresh cooked soft meats and veggies, here are some nutrient-dense snacks we found were easy for her to eat: