Free-range snacking is all the rage, and we are here for it, especially when it involves eating the rainbow and finger foods. We love that charcuterie boards incorporate many colors, textures, flavors, and food groups; they’re also a fun way to involve little ones in the social aspect of eating. And they might even get to practice that pincer grasp while they're exploring their options! Who knew they were so great for everyone in the fam?!
Whether you’re hosting an upcoming holiday party or just looking for a way to deconstruct dinner to make it more fun and playful (yet still nutritious), this festive charcuterie board is family-friendly, toddler-approved, and super cute, too! Our one must-have when making our charcuterie boards? Our grain-free puffs! (If you’ve ever wondered why we’re grain-free, check this article out).
Here’s what you’ll need
- Sweet Pepper & Basil Grain Free Puffs (or any flavor you have on hand; shop all puffs here)
- Mini dill pickles (with no added sugar)
- Mini bell peppers, sliced (we used orange, yellow, and red)
- Sliced organic cucumbers
- Organic raspberries
- Organic blueberries
- Organic blackberries
- Grass-fed cheddar cheese (or non-dairy hard cheese option of choice)
- Nitrate-free & paleo-friendly salami
- Sliced black olives
- Roam ranch meat sticks, sliced into small chunks
- Crumbled goat cheese (or non-dairy cheese soft option of choice)
- Sliced organic apples, one red, one green (thinly sliced)
- Rosemary sprigs (for decoration)
Display all ingredients to build a festive Christmas tree! See the photo below to mimic our design:
*Serve board ASAP upon making for maximum freshness and crunch that little ones love! Unlike other brands, we do not use preservatives in order to provide babies and toddlers with the most nutrition per bite with none of the junk! Serving ASAP prevents the puffs from absorbing moisture in the air and losing some of their crunch after an extended period of time.
SHOP ALL PUFFS
More about our NEW Sweet Pepper & Basil Grain Free Puffs flavor
Our newest puffs to join the fam literally taste like pasta, in a puff! Not only are they delish, but they are also packed with immune-boosting herbs and whole food ingredients, are full of fun savory flavors that help expand little ones’ palates, and are super easy and convenient to take with you on-the-go.
The main ingredients
- Organic red bell pepper: anti-inflammatory and high in vitamins A and C
- Organic basil: contains vitamin K and plant compounds which contribute aroma, flavor, and health benefits
- Organic tomato: full of antioxidants like lycopene, vitamin C, potassium, folate, and vitamin K
- Organic onion: contains compounds and antioxidants that have anti-inflammatory properties
- Organic parsley: rich in carotenoid antioxidants, plant compounds, and nutrients like vitamins A, K, and C
- Organic garlic: has potent medicinal properties and is rich in vitamin C, B6, and manganese
- Organic cassava: allows our puffs to be grain-free! Contains vitamin C, thiamine, riboflavin, and niacin, as well as resistant starch which may benefit gut health
- Organic olive oil: a healthy fat that is loaded with powerful antioxidants and contains nutrients that fight inflammation
P.S. Looking for a quick toddler snack you can take with you anywhere?
No need to sacrifice nutrition for convenience. Our Sweet Pepper & Basil Grain Free Puffs give you both! They’re an easy healthy snack to pack anywhere - take them to the playground, pack them for your little one at daycare, and bring them along to make any air or car travel more tolerable and tasty. (BTW, here are our top tips for traveling with toddlers!).
SHOP NEW PUFFS
P.P.S. Looking for charcuterie board inspiration? We love looking to Marissa Mullen of That Cheese Plate and Cheese By Numbers for creative (and beautiful) ideas!
Leave a comment