It's officially cozy season, and we're here for it! Whether you're making hot cocoa in jammies on a Saturday morning or looking for a topping to add to your favorite holiday dessert, this Sugar-Free Peppermint Whipped Cream is super yummy, easy to make, and parent/kiddo-approved!
Sugar-Free Peppermint Whipped Cream
1.5 cups grass-fed, organic heavy cream (or for a dairy-free option, use one chilled 13.5oz. can of coconut cream or 1.5 cups of chilled full-fat coconut milk*)
1/4 teaspoon 100% pure peppermint extract
2 tsp organic vanilla extract
Optional sweetener: 1-2 tbsps powdered monk fruit
Optional add-in: fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Add the heavy cream or coconut cream to a medium-sized mixing bowl (if using coconut cream, drain the coconut cream, removing any extra liquid from the can; tip: the cream floats, so store the can in the fridge upside down or open from the bottom).
- Using a hand-held mixer, begin to blend the cream until light and fluffy peaks begin to form. Be sure not to over-whip so you don’t accidentally make butter ;)
- Slowly, gradually add your sweetener of choice, vanilla extract, and peppermint extract.
- Blend all ingredients until thoroughly mixed together, and until your desired consistency is reached.
- Enjoy on your favorite holiday recipes! (Wanting to make this ahead of time? Store in an airtight glass container for up to five days; just mix again before serving for fluffiness.)
We also love using this whipped cream atop chocolate pancakes, holiday baked goods, or other desserts for a boost of healthy fats and festive flavors!