These baked blueberry donuts are packed with fresh blueberries and topped with a sweet coconut glaze. Perfect for Sunday breakfast with a cup of coffee and your littles!
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 2 scoops collagen, unflavored or vanilla
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of pink himalayan salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Wet Ingredients:
- 1 Serenity Kids Berry & Butternut Dairy-Free Smoothie + Protein
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 3 large free range eggs
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted & cooled
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup coconut butter
- ¼ cup coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and generously spray your donut pan with coconut oil spray. If you’re using a silicone donut pan (preferred), you don’t need to spray the pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the smoothie pack, yogurt, eggs, coconut oil, & vanilla until a smooth mixture forms.
- Stir in apple cider vinegar to wet ingredients until just combined.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the almond flour, tapioca flour, collagen, baking powder, and salt until combined.
- Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients and mix until the batter is smooth and combined.
- Fold in the blueberries until mixed throughout the batter.
- Fill each donut mold ¾ of the way full.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow donuts to completely cool before popping them out of the mold.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, whisk together the coconut butter, coconut cream, vanilla extract, and maple syrup (if using) until mixture is smooth & thick, about 5-6 minutes.
Assembling the Donuts:
- Dunk each donut in the glaze.
- Top with unsweetened coconut flakes if desired.
- Store donuts in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.