Della is drinking her liver bone broth. 32 oz of homemade bone broth + 1 oz cooked, pureed beef liver. It's a drink that's packed with protein, healthy fats, and vitamin A (and she loves the taste, too!).
Here's how we make liver broth at home:
1) Use two 32 oz. mason jars of homemade or store-bought bone broth. We like to use Bare Bones Broth; however, homemade would have more iron.
2) Use 1-2 oz. of raw beef liver and simmer gently in the bone broth on medium-low heat until just barely fully cooked, about five to eight minutes.
3) Take half of the liquid and the entire piece of liver and liquefy in a high power blender.
4) Strain in a fine mesh strainer. You shouldn't get a lot of gritty pieces left over, it should pretty much be fully liquid.
5) Combine with the rest of the broth again and strain.
6) Pour into little four oz. mason jars and freeze.
7) Thaw and place into a bottle.
Serenity uses two little jars a week. Use a little bit of the bone broth fat, if desired, but you'd probably want to strain it out because it becomes solid at room temperature. Pinch of Himalayan sea salt, if desired. Enjoy!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
We've been awarded the Clean Label Project Purity Award! The Clean Label Projectrandom selects and tests products for over 140 different contaminants including heavy metals, glyphosate, agrochemicals, plastics, and other toxins. They have now independently verified what we already knew, that our foods are among the cleanest on the market. Read more about what this award means.